- The propinquity effect is a factor in creating interpersonal attraction. The more we see and interact with a person, the more likely he or she is to become our friend or sexual partner.
- The mere-exposure effect is a psychological phenomenon by which people tend to develop a preference for things merely because they are familiar with them.
- Intimacy generally refers to the feeling of being in a close personal association and belonging together. It is a familiar and very close affective connection with another as a result of a bond that is formed through knowledge and experience of the other.
- Self-disclosure is a process of communication by which one person reveals information about himself or herself to another.
- Reciprocity refers to responding to a positive action with another positive action, rewarding kind actions.
- Role theory is a perspective that considers most of everyday activity to be the acting out of socially defined categories (e.g., mother, manager, teacher).
- The three components of love, according to the triangular theory of love, are an intimacy component, a passion component, and a decision/commitment component.
The WikiPremed MCAT Course is a comprehensive course in the undergraduate level general sciences. Undergraduate level physics, chemistry, organic chemistry and biology are presented by this course as a unified whole within a spiraling curriculum. Please read our policies on Privacy and Shipping & Returns. Contact Us. MCAT is a registered trademark of the Association of American Medical Colleges, which does not endorse the WikiPremed Course. WikiPremed offers the customers of our publications or our teaching services no guarantees regarding eventual performance on the MCAT.
WikiPremed is a trademark of Wisebridge Learning Systems LLC. The work of WikiPremed is published under a Creative Commons Attribution NonCommercial ShareAlike License. There are elements of work here, such as a subset of the images in the archive from WikiPedia, that originated as GNU General Public License works, so take care to follow the unique stipulations of that license in printed reproductions.